Thursday, January 29, 2015

Time Management




1.14.15
(email that I sent to Michael Stackpole--instructor for YNY)

Question: How essential is it to repost pieces that we re-work after suggestions?

The comments and suggestions that you gave me for the world & character hooks are being considered (and worked on) as I continue writing and working on this week's assignments (and I hope those show in those new things!). And yes, I know that posting updated stuff to the forums then gives opportunity for feedback from classmates. But I'm just wondering how to best use my time.
Ah. I just realized that I am working through time-management: 

How do I make sure to spend time writing every day, doing assignments, read assigned reading, write, read from the reading list, write, read classmates postings, write suggestions to classmates postings, re-read responses to my postings, write some more, and oh, yeah, show up for work so I can continue paying bills, take care of family responsibilities, take a hike break, eat something more than the 2 stale fig newtons hiding in my book bag, make sure my sexual needs are being taken care of, go to board meetings, jot random ramblings into my notebook when I'm not writing, and actually make sure I get outside at least once a day?

Haha.

In any case...does the "grade" for participating each week include the posting of continuing non-editing development and integration of your suggestions?
(I haven't decided if I should be drinking more or less coffee...)

No comments:

Post a Comment